Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rhett's room

I am now at 21 weeks and I am feeling great. We had a great Christmas spending time with our families. Most of our presents and the money that we got went towards little Rhett! Zach and I are starting to feel the pressure that babies need a lot of things...most of which we don't have, and I am not the type of person to just sit back and relax and then one day just have Rhett here with us. So the day after Christmas Zach and I decided that we would go out and look at some baby stuff. I had absolutely no intention of buying anything then but we ended up buying Rhett's bedding. I wanted to have that picked out first and then base the rest of the room off of that. So we went to Target and found this cute little bedding set that has jungle animals on it. It is so cute it has a giraffe, lion, elephant, alligator and a cute little monkey. It got me so excited that I decided that I wanted to paint the room as well so then we were off to Lowe's to pick out some paint. Now originally I was thinking that the room would be in like blues or greens or something like that but once we got the baby quilt we decided to just grab a bunch of paint chips and decide from there. Needless to say our baby's room is now in a dark chocolate brown color 3 feet up the wall and then a chair rail that will be a tan color that separates the room and the top is a sunset orange color that matches the baby lion that is in the quilt. I know it is a little drastic but I think that it is just in my blood. And it doesn't help that my husband is just the same. So I don't have pictures yet I will post pictures of the finished product but just trust me it will be cute. It is a good thing that my mom is just the same and didn't think that I was crazy when I decided to paint a room in my house orange and thank goodness she is a great painter! Thanks mom!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelsea said...

That sounds so freaking cute! I love the little jungle animals. I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats again, and I am so super excited for you guys!

December 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You, my Meggy have great taste! ;) The room is stinking cute and it will be perfect once there is a little guy in there sleeping soundly. Of course that will be when your nights of sleeping soundly come to and end...but somehow we all survive it. Thanks for letting me help. It's always fun hanging out with you! Plus, Mom's my name, paintings my game! {Do you still claim me now??} he he!
Loves!

December 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Zach and Kara Van Beekum said...

you're so cute Meg! i bet that it's darling! Can't wait to see pictures!

December 30, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home